Monday, February 28, 2011

1 Corinthians for Parents - A timely reminder

1 Corinthians for Parents

If I live in a house of spotless beauty, with everything in its place.

But have not love, I am just a mere housekeeper, not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing and polishing cars and decorative
achievements,

But have not love, my children learn cleanliness, not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laughter.

Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys,

Love reprimands, rebukes and is responsive.

Love is present in every trial.

Love crawls with a baby, walks with a toddler.

Runs with the child, and then steps aside

To let you walk into adulthood.

Love is the key that opens salvation's message into a child's
heart.

Before I became a parent, I took glory in my house of perfection;

Now I glory in God's perfection in my child.

As a parent, there are so many things I must teach my child.

But the greatest of all is Love.

1 comment:

Audrey the tyrant said...

wow, amazing. I loved it!