Monday, June 9, 2008

Mummy's confessions

I know I have limited capabilities as a Mom. I’m very far from perfect. I have flaws and I make mistakes, lots of them.

But I’ve chosen to invest my time and energy NOW and forgo certain other opportunities for the sake of raising my kids fulltime.

Yes, there’s no guarantee that - even after all that we’ve done for them now – that they will never go astray.

But one thing is for sure, I personally do NOT want to look back later on with regret (for not giving my best in bringing them up NOW).

Ten to fifteen years from now I’d like to be able to say,

“I’ve done as best as I can when I had the time and now I’m leaving my all grown-up children in God’s hands. May God’s grace and mercy be upon them always, keeping them in the right path, making full use of their lives so that they can be a blessing to others.”

There’s only so much that I can do for my children, and I’d like to learn to do my best each day, while there’s still time, and while I still can.

May God give us parents the strength and wisdom we all need.

[It takes many years for us to plant positive foundations in our kids, and just a few minutes and hours of bad peers and influences to destroy or ‘undo’ them one by one]

No comments: